On Friday 1 March we were delighted to host a Year 6 debating workshop with Gayhurst, Thorpe House, St Joseph’s, Gerrards Cross CE and St Mary’s Schools. We heard some very well structured and passionate arguments and were surprised by how some of the votes went.
Our debates were as follows:
1. Books are better than television.
2. Animal testing is wrong.
3. Year 6 children should not be allowed mobile phones in school.
4. All animals should live in zoos to prevent extinction.
5. Social networking sites are harmful.
6. It is important to wear a school uniform.
Which way would you vote?
Many thanks to our guests for joining us.